Consultation following the release of the Draft Report
The Terms of Reference asked the Review to ensure thorough engagement with all interested parties.
Consultation closed on 17 November 2014.
Public forums to discuss the Draft Report were held in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin and Hobart during October and November 2014.
On 23-24 October 2014, the Competition Policy Review Panel hosted an International Conference, to draw on international and domestic expertise to consider and review the recommendations in the Review’s Draft Report. Videos and presentations made by keynote speakers on 23 October 2014 are available on the International Conference page.
Consultation following the release of the Issues Paper
The Issues Paper was released on 14 April 2014 and there were a variety of ways to provide feedback. Consultation following release of the issues paper was focused on encouraging participation with the Review through the submission process.
The Panel met with local businesses in a number of locations arranged through representative business groups. The Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ) hosted a webinar, which be viewed on CCIQ's Youtube Channel.
Unless stated otherwise consultation meetings were arranged through the relevant representative groups
- 16 May 2014 — Darwin — Chamber of Commerce Northern Territory
- 19 May 2014 — Tamworth — New England North West New South Wales Business Chamber
- 21 May 2014 — Melbourne — Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 22 May 2014 — Traralgon — Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 27 May 2014 — Perth — Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia
- 29 May 2014 — Brisbane — Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- 29 May 2014 — Toowoomba — Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- 2 June 2014 — Hobart — Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 3 June 2014 — Launceston — Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 5 June 2014 — Loxton — Business SA
- 6 June 2014 — Adelaide — Business SA